Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Christian Bigots and Homosexuality.(Martha Bigot Angeles)

So I wake up this morning, and what do I see on my facebook account but a status update from this Christian who had friended me, and what does her status say? Her status talks about Homosexuals and how they are an abomination, she says god hates them and we should too. She stated that god hated it so much he felt it deserved punishment. At the sake of outing her, her name is Martha Angeles. I have discussed religion with her many times and tried to be somewhat respectful, but this post I felt deserved no respect. Now keep in mind she was using these bible verse as justification:

Lev 18:22-23 "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
Lev 20:13 "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."

I pointed out that she completely ignores other biblical laws such as these:

Leviticus 11:12 (New King James Version)

12 Whatever in the water does not have fins or scales—that shall be an abomination to you.

Leviticus 19:19 (New King James Version)

19 ‘You shall keep My statutes. You shall not let your livestock breed with another kind. You shall not sow your field with mixed seed. Nor shall a garment of mixed linen and wool come upon you.

1 Timothy 2:12 (New King James Version)

12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.

1 Corinthians 14:34 (New King James Version)

34 Let your[a] women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says.

I pointed out that she is picking a choosing which bible verses she was using and which ones she ignored. This girl did not grasp the point. She even told me I should be messaging her and asking questions. Now while I don't believe this, I said well according to your bible, Im the man, your a woman, you should be listening to me. She unfriended me once I called her a bigoted bitch, because I had insulted her, and she had never insulted me. This girl has no idea if anyone I know friends or family are homosexuals, and yes I did have a family member who is. So this whole comment offended me. This should offend humanity. She deserves to be called out and told exactly what she is. Reasoning with hateful bigots like this doesn't work. Sometimes they just need to be told how it is.

Religion should not be allowed the free reign to be justification for hate like this. This was genuine hate for people she was displaying. Christianity is not a religion of love but a religion of hate, she didn't like it when the very verses that were used to oppress woman for years were turned on her. But this bigoted bitch had no problem using her bible as means to oppress other people, this type of person makes me sick.

To end this, if any atheist is reading this, I am well aware the verses I used for the passages about women are probably forged into the bible years later, but Martha uses King James so I have no problem using them on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment